SeruGlow MD is an in-office microchanneling treatment that infuses customized serums directly into the skin, to rejuvenate it and address common concerns.
A type of microinfusion facial, the microchanneling aspect of SeruGlow MD helps stimulate collagen and elastin, while the serums help hydrate, brighten, and smooth skin.
There are four SeruGlow MD serums to help improve skin’s overall texture and tone.
- SeruGlow HA Factor, with hyaluronic acid, improves hydration.
- SeruGlow Age Complex Plus helps smooth fine lines.
- SeruGlow Hydra-Vit Complex contains more than 40 minerals, vitamins, and other ingredients that provide hydration and boost overall skin improvement.
- SeruGlow Bright Complex helps improve uneven skin tone and dark spots.
Microchanneling is a process by which a needle-studded device is used to create tiny channels, or injuries, in the skin that trigger the body’s healing process. As new collagen is produced over the next few months, the skin becomes smoother and firmer. Immediately post-treatment, skin looks more radiant, likely because the superficial damage to the skin—coupled with the active ingredients in the serums—causes it to plump up.
SeruGlow MD is a device that uses 24 karat gold–plated surgical steel microneedles to inject small amounts of serum into the superficial layers of the skin. Each of the 20 needles is finer than a single hair strand, which allows for a comfortable treatment. During the procedure, the device is employed in a stamp-like motion across the skin.
The tiny perforations created in the skin enhance penetration of serums, which are delivered from the glass vial upon stamping in order to increase their effectiveness.
- Microchanneling is a good option for a variety of concerns, including fine lines, dryness, and pigmentation irregularities.
- Treatment typically takes less than 30 minutes, depending on the areas being treated.
- Microchanneling doesn’t involve the delivery of heat—so it’s safe to use on all skin tones, without the risk of pigmentation changes that laser and light procedures can cause.
- Because the treatment uses very fine needles, there’s no discomfort.
- There are four serums available, and each is geared toward a specific skin concern, including hydration, fine lines, dark spots and uneven skin tone, and overall skin improvement.
- Treatment can be customized to treat localized problem areas and can be done anywhere on the body.
- Because select areas of the skin are targeted and the surrounding skin and tissue remain untouched, recovery is usually minimal—from a few hours to a day of social downtime.
- Skin may be sun-sensitive after treatment. Direct UV exposure should be avoided.
The treatment is quick. It typically takes 15–30 minutes, depending on the areas being treated.
The microchanneling device employs very fine needles, so no topical anesthesia is required.
During treatment, the device is employed in a stamp-like motion across the skin. At the same time, one of the four SeruGlow MD serums is infused into the skin, to help increase effectiveness. Treatment can be localized, to address a specific area or skin concern, or the entire area can be treated.
Typically, there’s minimal downtime with the treatment. Skin may feel irritated and tight. Depending on your skin, redness and inflammation usually resolve with a few hours or a day or two. With makeup, you can go to work the next day. More aggressive treatment may require a longer recovery period.
Skin may be more sensitive for several days after treatment, so strong topical products and direct UV exposure should be avoided until your skin returns to normal.